Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Unit 8 blog

Loving-Kindness
Out of all of the sessions we have practiced the one I feel is most beneficial is the loving-kindness one on page 68 (Dacher). I feel like if we expand ourselves from only trying to help ourselves we will grow inside. Our love for everything in the universe will grow and we will be better citizens. I trust that the more people who have loving-kindness the better society will be. I like to take others pain away but I also understand I am not a superhero and cannot save everyone from their suffering. I can only influence others to have loving-kindness by doing it myself. I like how the breathing allows me to relax and the more I do it the more I want to go help others. I have volunteered at food banks, senior citizen centers, and hospices to help others. These are the people I feel like are suffering the most and having loving-kindness in my heart has allowed me to do these most do not to help others.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, you did a great job on this weeks blog. I found this interesting because I know first hand how diverse and different we each are, so it was interesting to me to identify what worked for each of us. I also found the loving-kindness exercise to be the most beneficial for me, I have spent my whole life wanting to save the world, but just as you said we were not placed on this earth as superhero's so instead of actually disappointing myself I will also continue to practice this, love myself share that love and show others to do the same, in an effort to create a safe and loving world. Keep up the good work Michelle.

    ReplyDelete