Friday, December 21, 2012

Unit 10 blog


 
I. Introduction –

Health professionals need to develop in each area so they can teach or heal others to develop in them also. I need to develop in each area in some way but most of all in psychological well-being and in physical health.

II. Assessment –
4. I rate it at a 4 because I don’t do regular exercise, I have multiple health issues, and I eat junk but I am not fat.
6. My spiritual well-being is not as terrible as others because I have faith. I don’t often worship but I stay in tune.
4. I rate my psychological well-being low also because I still am working on being a better person, anger issues and easy irritability.

III. Goal Development –
Physical- I would like to stretch more. I think I would feel more wake and aware with the increase blood flow.
Spiritual- I would like to go to church on Sundays to get more knowledge about the spiritual life and God and develop loving-kindness.
Psychological- It would be nice to do more brain training like they have on lumonsity.com and stuff to have a better more efficient brain.

IV. Practices for personal health –
The strategy I can implement to foster growth in the physical domain is to stretch in the morning for a good half hour. For example I can do yoga or practice tai chi. In the psychological area I would like to do brain training and clear my mind by doing the training we have learned in the class and practice the Subtle mind exercise. For the spiritual aspect I can clear my Sunday schedule to go to church in the morning and read the bible more at night.
V. Commitment –
How will you assess your progress or lack of progress in the next six months? What strategies can you use to assist in maintaining your long-term practices for health and wellness?

           

No comments:

Post a Comment