Sunday, November 18, 2012

Unit 6 blog

The universal loving-kindness practice is closing my eyes for a minute or two and going into my natural ease of the mind and body. I repeat the phrase it has on page 93 for 10 minutes. What I discovered is that I felt myself start to think more of others and less of myself. I started to become frustrated though about not being able to assist all individuals in finding health, happiness and wholeness. I try not to stress about the things I cannot change but the thought did come to mind.
Since the integral health assessment is supposed to be the tool we need to choose to transform our health and live it was important for me to really pay attention to the 6 principles. What I discovered in the assessment was that life is ever changing. Although we have immediate needs, each of them has a long term solution also. An example for me is my relationship. We are in need of time, counseling and trust. The long term solution of this will be implementing what we learn in counseling all the time and not forgetting to put aside time for each other.
Some specific exercises or activities that I can implement to foster greater wellness in this area possibly some karma sutra, prayer, and travel from dependency to intimacy to spiritual union as discussed on page 92.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, I felt the same way about the first exercise on the first couple of times I did the exercise but it did get better after that. It became more calming to me with repetition, maybe that would help you also. Life is ever changing, but change is good right?! Without change we can't move forward:) I also was focusing on the 6 principles and they really make sense, but for the exercise I chose to do the first approach and focus on an immediate area of distress which one did you do the first one or the second one, just curious. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving:)
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete