1.
Based on your reflections,
and on a scale of 1 to 10 (ten being optimal wellbeing), where do you rate your
A-physical wellbeing, B-spiritual well-being, C-psychological well-being? Why?
A- 4. I rate it at a 4 because
I don’t do regular exercise, I have multiple health issues, and I eat junk but
I am not fat.
B- 6. My spiritual well-being
is not as terrible as others because I have faith. I don’t often worship but I
stay in tune.
C- 4. I rate my psychological
well-being low also because I still am working on being a better person, anger
issues and easy irritability.
2.
Develop a goal for yourself
in each area (physical, spiritual, psychological).
Physical- I would like to
stretch more. I think I would feel more wake and aware with the increase blood
flow.
Spiritual- I would like to
go to church on Sundays to get more knowledge about the spiritual life and God
and develop loving-kindness.
Psychological- It would be
nice to do more brain training like they have on lumonsity.com and stuff to
have a better more efficient brain.
3.
What activities or exercise
can you implement in your life to assist in moving toward each goal?
I can implement a half hour
each morning to stretch, a half hour at night to do brain training and clear my
Sunday schedule to go to church in the morning.
4.
Complete the relaxation
exercise The Crime of the Century. To hear this exercise, click here.
Describe your experience. (What it beneficial? Frustrating? etc.)
My experience was
frustrating because I could not get my 3 year old to leave me alone for his life.
I like meditation and breathing techniques so I’m sure if I ever get the chance
it will be great (if I don’t fall asleep).
Hello Michelle. I think the strategies you mentioned of attending church to receive spiritual guidance and the brain training exercises to increase your psychological well-being would be beneficial to me. I, myself, feel the need to enhance these areas and think that your suggestions will aid in that process. However do you think that these activities will solely help in your overall wellbeing? Do you think that utilizing prayer, mindful meditation and the relaxation techniques in this class can further your spiritual wellness? Or do you think that self-reflection on an ongoing basis could help with psychological wellness? Those are just a few suggestions I could see working for you and patients. I think that every individual is going to be different in their needs or influences of ways to reach their overall wellness so various options should be available. It additionally decreases chances of becoming bored, stress out, burned out, or ending activities earlier.
ReplyDeleteI did notice your physical wellness is a low score. Other than exercising do you think that changing what you are eating to healthier foods would increase this score? Do you eat fast food a lot? Do you have a chance during the week to pre pack your meals so you can avoid junk food?